At Corporate Direct (Europe) Ltd, we will only use the information we collect about you to process your order and to provide you with the best possible service. This information will not be passed onto anyone else.
The only types of information we will collect will be:
- Phone number
- Email address
So that we can keep you up-to-date with our products and services we may send you occasional emails or newsletters. If you don't want to receive these, please let us know.
Corporate Direct (Europe) Ltd, complies with GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), the DPA (Data Protection Act) [pre GDPR enforcement] and the PECR (Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations).
Our contact information is provided if you have any questions.
GDPR MAY 2018
Corporate Direct (Europe) Ltd and this website complies to the DPA (Data Protection Act 1998) and already complies to the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) which comes into effect from 25th May 2018.
WHAT DATA WE MAY GATHER
We may collect the following information:
- Name and Job Title
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information including Postal Address & Postcode
- Website usage and activity data
- Other information pertaining to special offers and surveys
HOW WE USE THIS DATA
Collecting this data helps us understand what you are looking for from our business, enabling us to deliver improved products and services.
Specifically, we may use data:
For our own internal records.
- To improve the products and services we provide.
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry.
- To customise the website for you.
- To send you promotional emails about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you.
- To send you promotional mailings or to call you about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you.
- To contact you via email, telephone or mail for market research reasons.
CONTROLLING THE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
When you fill in a form or provide your details on our website, you will see one or more tick boxes allowing you to:
- Yes Please (Opt-in) to receive marketing communications from us by email, telephone, text message or post.
- No Thanks (Opt-out) to NOT receive marketing communications from us by email, telephone, text message or post.
Agreement of our Terms & Conditions
If you have agreed that we can use your information for marketing purposes, you can change your mind easily, via one of these methods:
- Unsubscribe to all email communication by following the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any marketing email.
- Send an email to GDPR@corpteluk.com
- Write to us at: Corporate Direct (Europe) Ltd, Beswick House, Greenfold Way, Leigh, Greater Manchester, WN7 3XT, England
- We will never lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission, or the law requires us to.
- Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed under our data protection policy, in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.
We will always hold your information securely.
To prevent unauthorised disclosure or access to your information, we have implemented strong physical and electronic security safeguards.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small files saved to the user's computer’s hard drive that track, save and store information about the user's interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computers hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors or use the cookie control system if available upon their first visit.
- Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package. Aggregated usage data helps us improve the website structure, design, content and functions.
- Identify whether you are signed in to our website. A cookie allows us to check whether you are signed in to the site.
- Test content on our website. For example, 50% of our users might see one piece of content, the other 50% a different piece of content.
- Store information about your preferences. The website can then present you with information you will find more relevant and interesting.
- To recognise when you return to our website. We may show your relevant content, or provide functionality you used previously.
- Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
WEBSITE VISITOR TRACKING
This website uses tracking software (Lead Forensics) to monitor its visitors to better understand how they use it. The software will save a cookie to your computer’s hard drive in order to track and monitor your engagement and usage of the website, but will not store, save or collect personal information.
DOWNLOADS & MEDIA FILES
Any downloadable documents, files or media made available on this website are provided to users at their own risk. While all precautions have been undertaken to ensure only genuine downloads are available users are advised to verify their authenticity using third party antivirus software or similar applications.
We accept no responsibility for third party downloads or downloads provided by external third-party websites and advise users to verify their authenticity using third party antivirus software or similar applications.
CONTACT & COMMUNICATION WITH US
Users contacting us through this website do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use.
Where we have clearly stated and made you aware of the fact, and where you have given your express permission, we may use your details to send you products/services information through a mailing list system or similar marketing tools. This is done in accordance with the regulations named in 'The policy' above.
EMAIL MAILING LIST & MARKETING MESSAGES
Corporate Direct (Europe) Ltd operate an email mailing list program, used to inform customers about products, services and/or news we supply/publish. Customers can subscribe through an online automated process where they have given their explicit permission. Customers personal details are collected, processed, managed and stored in accordance with the regulations named in 'The policy' above.
Email marketing messages may contain tracked clickable links or similar server technologies in order to track customer activity within email marketing messages. Where used, such marketing messages may record a range of subscriber data relating to engagement with email content.
EXTERNAL WEBSITE LINKS & THIRD PARTIES
Although we only look to include quality, safe and relevant external links, users are advised to adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website. (External links are clickable text / banner / image links to other websites.)
We cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite our best efforts. Users should therefore note they click on external links at their own risk and we cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
SOCIAL MEDIA POLICY & USAGE
We adopt a Social Media Policy to ensure our business and our staff conduct themselves accordingly online. While we may have official profiles on social media platforms users are advised to verify authenticity of such profiles before engaging with, or sharing information with such profiles. We will never ask for user passwords or personal details on social media platforms. Users are advised to conduct themselves appropriately when engaging with us on social media.
There may be instances where our website features social sharing buttons, which help share web content directly from web pages to the respective social media platforms. You use social sharing buttons at your own discretion and accept that doing so may publish content to your social media profile feed or page. You can find further information about some social media privacy and usage policies in the resources section below.
We will report any unlawful data breach of this website’s database or the database(s) of any of our third-party data processors to any and all relevant persons and authorities within 72 hours of being aware of the breach and if it is apparent that personal data stored in an identifiable manner has been stolen.
The data controller for Corporate Direct (Europe) Ltd is;
SUBJECT ACCESS REQUESTS – GDPR POLICY
Under GDPR there is increased emphasis placed upon the process and response to Subject Access Requests (SAR’s). The legislation states that an organisation must be aware of how and where data is recorded and stored and as such how it needs be retrieved. The mechanism of SAR’s is available to anyone the company records and stores data about.
Specifically, Article 15 of GDPR legislation provides that the individual (referred to in the GDPR as the data subject) has a right to;
- Obtain confirmation as to whether or not their personal data is being processed.
- Access to any data that has or is due to be processed.
In addition, the data subject is entitled to know:
- Why their data is being processed.
- The categories of personal data concerned.
- To whom the data has been disclosed, especially if that data has been shared with someone in another country or to an international organisation.
- Where possible, for how long the data will be stored or, if the precise period is not known, how the period can be calculated.
- That they have the right to request rectification or erasure of their personal data or request that the processing be restricted or stopped.
- That they have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (in the UK this would be the ICO).
- The source of the data where the they have not supplied it.
- Whether their data is used in any automated decision-making (including profiling) process and if so the logic involved, significance and envisaged consequences to them of that processing.